The Jacksonville car accident lawyers at Florin|Roebig can assist those who have been in a car accident with the process of filing an auto accident claim for compensation. For this reason, get in touch with Florin|Roebig, a law company with board-certified trial lawyers who obtained one of the biggest trial judgements in Florida, totaling $46.7 million.
In Jacksonville and Duval County, there were around 640 car accidents on average every day in 2019. Some accident victims may need substantial medical care and rehabilitation.
You will need to make a claim in order to receive compensation for accident injuries or property damage, which can call for the assistance of a reputable attorney. The Jacksonville Jaguars’ home stadium, TIAA Bank Field, is located across the John Alsop Jr. bridge from the Florin|Roebig law company, which boasts a number of skilled and board-certified Florida auto accident attorneys.
The skilled lawyers at Florin|Roebig are aware of the procedures for submitting a vehicle accident claim in Jacksonville. One of Florida’s most prestigious personal injury law firms is Florin|Roebig. We want to work with you to get the compensation you deserve.
Why Do Car Accidents Occur So Frequently in Jacksonville?
In 2021, there were over 24,000 auto accidents in Duval County, which includes Jacksonville. Why?
Numerous occasions and local attractions could be a factor in the volume of traffic, drinking and drug use, and congestion. Car crash rates influenced by all of these variables.
Here are a few of the local activities and attractions.
High Tourism and Population
According to the most recent U.S. Census, there are more than 954,000 people living in Jacksonville. It is a very popular location since it is the first city you come across on I-95 when travelling across the state of Florida.
Jacksonville is among the top 10 tourist destinations, according to The Florida Times-Union. The distance to Jacksonville International Airport from the city is only 13 miles. This attracts visitors with a wide range of driving styles from all around the world.
Collisions are inevitable when there are so many individuals around.
Jacksonville’s Risky Intersections
Due to the risky crossings and roads in Jacksonville, accidents involving cars, trucks, and motorcycles can all happen.
Beach Boulevard and St. Johns Bluff Road constitute Duval County’s most hazardous intersection, according to News4Jax. At just single intersection in 2016, 39 collisions were officially reported.
In Jacksonville, areas with new homes, development, and shopping centres are close by this intersection and others like it. This indicates that they frequently experience excessive traffic, which raises the possibility of vehicle accidents in these regions.
The Five Riskiest Intersections in Duval County and Jacksonville include:
- One of the primary north/south arteries of the entire city, Merril Road and the Arlington Motorway, have heavy traffic at this crossroads. There is a heightened risk of accidents at the intersection due to the several high-speed highways and connecting roads.
- Beach Boulevard and St. Johns Bluff Road situated in an area with a lot of people, which raises the risk of accidents because of heavy traffic. There are many driveways at the intersection. Which make it challenging to navigate, and the stoplights here are frequently managed incorrectly.
- Roads like Southside Boulevard and Gate Parkway are notorious for speeding, running red lights, and making unnecessary turns. There is a high likelihood of collisions due to the sheer number of vehicles on the road at any given time.
- In Jacksonville, the crossroads of Blanding Boulevard and 103rd Street come to be associated with homicide, danger, and death. Drivers frequently speed or take risks to get around fast because of the area’s high volume of traffic.
- At the frequently crowded crossroads of San Jose Boulevard and University Boulevard, cars frequently make illegal turns.
Region of Jacksonville Attractions
People might not reside in or travel to Jacksonville with the intent to get into an automobile accident, yet this might occasionally occur. And the abundance of local tourist attractions and venues for sporting events can serve as a breeding ground for similar mishaps.
Those who tailgate around local stadiums, ballparks or fields may consume alcohol and drive. They might consume drugs and drive while impaired. Alternatively, they might try to exit a congested stadium parking lot by running a red light or colliding with a pedestrian.
Attractions in Jacksonville that could cause situations that result in auto accidents include:
- Financial Ballpark, 121
- EverBank Stadium
- Hodges Field
- Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville
- Park James P. Small
- Swisher Sports Centre
- TIAA Bank Stadium
Comparative negligence is a legal term that is used in Florida law when it comes to personal injury claims, especially car accidents. While some accidents may have no one to blame, others may have varying levels of responsibility and fault. Jacksonville auto accident attorneys are knowledgeable with the intricate factors that contribute to crashes as well as Florida’s compensation laws.
Causes Of Car Accident Claims
Even if you don’t believe you gravely hurt, you should seek medical attention right away if you in a vehicle accident in Jacksonville. One of the most crucial reasons you should speak with a trained attorney and submit a car accident claim in Jacksonville is that you have the right to refuse to speak to representatives of vehicle insurance companies until you are aware of your legal rights.
The first step in figuring out what damages to your property, including your car, as well as damages that you have personally experienced is filing a car accident claim. You may calculating these damages and finding out how much money you entitled to by making a claim.
Insurance companies are aware of these laws and may attempt, for financial gain, to attribute any other vehicles or drivers involved in an accident with fault or negligence.
You should look into filing a car accident case with knowledgeable Jacksonville car accident lawyers even if you believe your motor vehicle collision was minor and no one was wounded.
Car Accident Claims: Influencing Factors
Car accident claims may be impacted by accident injuries, the extent of the damage, and the drivers’ and anybody else’s involvement in the incident’s liability. According to Florida law, victims of auto accidents are given financial compensation.
According to the law of comparative negligence, one driver held responsible for 90% of an accident’s blame while another is found to be 10% at fault. The amount awarded to the driver who was found to be 10% at fault would be lowered by 10% and would now be $13,500 rather than $15,000.
How much can you win in compensation?
Compensation in vehicle accident cases typically reflects the seriousness of the property damage and personal injuries. Higher claims are frequently the outcome of accidents with significant injuries.
A few of the elements that can raise compensation levels are as follows:
- severe injuries or long-term disabilities
- significant property damage
- loss of means of support or of employment
- lost income and missed work
- impact on families and changes in lifestyle
Because the process is meant to support surviving family members, compensation can rise to astronomical amounts when car accidents result in fatalities.
Damages Awarded In Automobile Accident Claims
Damages is the legal word for monetary compensation in a personal injury case.
The following categories of economic and non-economic damages are typically given:
- medical costs, such as those for medicine, surgery, and long-term care
- counselling or mental health treatment
- vehicle and other damaged items replacement or repair
- retraining or rehabilitation
- replacement of lost earnings or wages
- suffering and pain
In Florida, serious driving negligence may result in the awarding of punitive damages. The intent of these damages is to penalise the at-fault motorist. But they are rarely granted in cases of extreme negligence, such as excessively reckless driving or driving while impaired drugs or alcohol.
Rates Of Auto Accidents In Jacksonville
The Jacksonville Jaguars are an NFL team based in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Traffic fatalities in Jacksonville have recently climbed. 128 traffic-related fatalities occurred in July 2021 as opposed to 109 in July 2020.
- According to data, Southside Boulevard is Jacksonville’s most dangerous street for automobile accidents, with 139 of them expected there in 2021.
- Duval County reportedly saw 24,435 auto accidents in 2021.
Leading Car Accident Lawyers in Jacksonville
After an automobile accident, it’s crucial to seek professional legal counsel so you can decide whether to proceed with submitting a claim. Once you file, you should hire a group of personal injury lawyers to defend you. They should have the skills, connections, and expertise necessary to secure the highest payment for your losses.
In fact, because of how effective we are in assisting victims of auto accidents, customers frequently come to us from other law firms!
Our group of honourable auto accident attorneys consists of:
- Wil H. Florin is a B.C.S.
- Dr. Tommy D. Roebig is a B.C.S.
- Cummings, Shaun M.
- Jonathan Hart
- Michael A. Ossi is an O.C.
Get Assistance Making A Car Accident Claim
The personal injury attorneys at Florin|Roebig, established in 1985, are knowledgeable, experienced, and have a proven track record of winning cases in court. Every year since the award’s establishment in 2010, “US News and World Report” and “Best Lawyers in America” have named Florin|Roebig as one of the “Best Law Firms in America.”