In Southern California, including Los Angeles, car accidents are a common occurrence. Accidents can and do happen, even if we don’t consider them when we’re in our cars. Call The Dominguez Firm for a free consultation if you were hurt in a car accident as a result of another person’s carelessness or negligence at 877-265-2167 right away. We are here to answer your call around-the-clock.
The Dominguez Firm has more than 30 years of expertise assisting auto accident victims in receiving their just compensation. We can compete head-to-head with insurance companies and their attorneys because to our multiple award-winning Los Angeles auto accident attorneys, expert investigators, and client-focused staff. And if the insurance firms decline to fairly compensate you.
Do you require a Los Angeles automobile accident attorney?
You might be considering whether to engage a vehicle accident lawyer if you’ve recently been in an accident. Yes, you should speak with a vehicle accident lawyer if you’ve been hurt. This is due to the fact that even accidents that initially seemed to be trivial may end up being complicated. You can be in shock when the accident occurs and not notice any injuries.
And if you believe that you cannot afford to engage a group of Los Angeles auto accident attorneys, reconsider. Work is done by The Dominguez Firm on a contingency basis. That indicates that a portion of your overall settlement or judgement is paid to us. There are no expenses or upfront payments. You owe us nothing if, in the unlikely event, we are unable to secure recompense for you. If you lose, you don’t have to pay! Therefore, by choosing The Dominguez Firm, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose.
Before engaging a Los Angeles car accident attorney, you should ask them the following questions:
- Have you dealt with situations like mine? The number?
- Will I be liable for your expenses if I lose?
- What do you charge?
- How many employees and how much money do you have to support my case?
- How long have you been handling vehicle accident cases in Los Angeles?
- When will my lawsuit be resolved?
- What steps can be taken to increase the likelihood of success?
- How many jury verdict wins does your company have?
- What were the top five jury decisions?
- Did you need or hire outside attorneys, or were those top verdicts obtained by in-house car accident lawyers?
Do following a collision
- If it is safe to do so, relocate to a secure spot before reporting the accident to 911.
- Get medical help right away.
- As much as you can, give the police officials on the site the details of the collision.
- If it is safe to do so, gather witness contact information and photograph the accident scene and the cars that were involved.
- Use The Dominguez Firm to handle every part of your case involving a car accident.
What must I avoid doing?
- Do not acknowledge any wrongdoing or guilt. Additionally, avoid apologising because doing so could be interpreted as an admission of guilt.
- When giving information to a police officer, avoid making assumptions or guessing the truth.
- Don’t put off getting medical help.
- Until you have spoken with our firm, do not provide statements to ANY insurance companies or their agents (including your own).
- Without first consulting a lawyer, never accept any settlement offers or settlement agreements.
What are a few typical automobile accident wounds?
Many individuals mistakenly believe that the more your car is damaged in an accident and the worse the crash, the worse your injuries will be. The truth is that even seemingly slight or minor incidents can cause life-threatening injuries. Vulnerable structures like the spine, brain, joints, and bones are easily damaged.
What are a few of the most frequent wounds?
- TBI (traumatic brain injury)
- Unjustified death
- spinal cord injuries, including temporary or permanent partial or complete paralysis
- injury to the nerves and whiplash
- Internal wounds, including organs that are lacerated, injured, or bruised
- Crush wounds
- Scarring, facial wounds, eye wounds, dental wounds
- Bone fractures
- Ligament tears
- joints that are disordered or dislocated
- slashes and abrasions
- a strained or sprained muscle
The court’s procedures and deadlines
Car accident injury claims in Los Angeles are typically handled as personal injury claims and filed in civil court. The plaintiff, who initiated the legal action, is suing the defendant to obtain financial compensation. The procedure for filing a lawsuit is described in general here.
Register a grievance
Making a court complaint is the initial step in pursuing an automobile accident lawsuit. This gives a thorough account of what took place, the losses you are claiming, and the legal justification for filing the complaint. The statute of limitations in your state must be followed, which in California is two years after the incident that led to your injuries.
Deliver the complaint to the defendant
You must notify the defendant that you have sued them after submitting your complaint to the court. In order for the court to consider the document to have been properly served, a process known as “serving the complaint” must be completed.
The defendant responds to your complaint in writing.
Typically, this response will admit or deny the factual claims made in your complaint and present any legal defences.
Both parties will ask for and share information after the complaint and answer have been submitted to the court. Discovery is the process of doing this. You can be required to provide documents, respond to written questions, or give a deposition during this stage of the process. The defendant will also be given the chance to do so.
Both parties will convene when discovery is finished and make their cases in front of a judge or jury. Before coming to trial, the case may be settled if one side has overwhelming evidence. Otherwise, both the Plaintiff and Defendant will have the chance to present evidence, call witnesses, cross-examine the other party’s witnesses, call experts, etc.
It’s not easy to file a personal injury lawsuit in Los Angeles for your car accident claim. It calls for a good deal of expertise and knowledge. The average person cannot successfully attempt this on their own.
What kinds of remuneration am I eligible for?
medical costs. For medical expenses resulting from your injuries, you are entitled to compensation. One of these is:
- Medical expenses
- hospital bills
- Physical exercise
- specialised consultations
- Services for care at home
- Psychiatric therapy
Damage to property. If your property is damaged, you are entitled to compensation, which will typically cover the cost of fixing or replacing your car.
anguish and pain. Pain and suffering, also referred to as “non-economic damages,” are losses resulting from the accident’s intangible effects on your standard of living. These losses are intended to make up for any physical or emotional suffering brought on by the accident, such as PTSD or worry. These more difficult-to-quantify damages may make up a sizable amount of your accident compensation when handled by a knowledgeable Los Angeles automobile accident attorney.
lost earnings. You are eligible to compensation for lost wages if your injuries have made it difficult for you to work. You’ll need a letter from your company with your income and the hours you’ve missed on it.
Other crucial issues to think about
What are the many categories of auto accidents, their causes, and associated data?
There are many different types, sizes, and circumstances of auto accidents. Some of the most frequent automobile collisions include:
- collisions at the back
- Frontal collisions
- Right-turn conflicts
- Side-swipe accidents
- T-bone accidents
- merging crashes
- Accidents involving right-of-way failure
Any of the following kinds of vehicles may be involved in these collisions:
- Vehicles for passengers (4-door, 2-door, hatchback)
- SUVs (sport utility vehicles)
- Pickup vehicles
- vehicles with light utility
- truck boxes
- Big rigs, 18-wheelers, and tractor-trailers are all terms for large commercial trucks.
There are several reasons why cars crash:
- driving while distracted (by texting, eating, holding a phone in one hand, etc.)
- Driving while exhausted, sleepy, or drowsy
- DUI (driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs)
- negligent driving
- pursuing too closely
- ignoring stop signs, road signs, and traffic signals
- Defects or recalls involving vehicles
- difficulties with road construction, maintenance, or repair
- inexperienced or young drivers
- (For riders of motorcycles) Lane splitting
- zones of construction
The following are some of the death numbers associated with auto accidents, according to data published by the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 3,623 fatal road accidents in 2016
- 1,059 fatalities from drunk driving in 2016
- 15% of the drivers died in car accidents had drug tests that were positive
- 2016 saw 548 motorbike fatalities.
- 225 fatalities from teenage driving in 2016
- According to the ASIRT’s Road Safety Facts, 37,000 people die in traffic accidents nationwide each year, and 2.35 million more suffer injuries or disabilities.
Can you still take my case if I don’t have legal status?
Yes. In California, it is illegal to use someone’s immigration status as leverage in any civil matter, including an automobile accident lawsuit. It doesn’t matter what, how, or why you are here if someone is careless and hurts you, in other words. We always raise privacy objections to halt any line of inquiry intended to gather this kind of information, just to be on the safe side.
Can I receive compensation if I’m partially to blame for a car accident?
Yes. Because California is a “comparative fault” state, the amount of your overall compensation will be diminished by the extent to which you are thought to have contributed to the accident. If your total claim is $1,000,000 and it is determined that your acts contributed 25% to the accident, for instance, your recovery would be $750,000. Even if you are deemed to be 99.9% at fault, you can still recover. This will be explored while meeting with a personal injury attorney.
What if I was at work or otherwise on the clock when I was in an accident?
You might be eligible to submit a workers’ compensation claim and pursue a civil lawsuit against negligent third parties (non-employer) depending on the particulars of your case. Fortunately, we have you covered because in addition to our team of award-winning auto accident attorneys, we also have a workers’ compensation section that has handled a wide range of workers’ compensation claims successfully.
How our renowned attorneys for auto accidents can assist you
Along with the previously mentioned principles, our fundamental values emphasise compassion, service, and accomplishments. Our Los Angeles automobile accident attorneys put the needs of the client first and strive to provide you with the best, most individualised service possible. We communicate with you regularly, respond to your inquiries, and never take significant decisions without first notifying and consulting you.
Results also important, and we have the track record to back it up with over $1 billion* in settlements for thousands of injured customers. The multi-million dollar jury judgements and settlements secured by our team of award-winning accident attorneys, which also includes an expert trial team, include a $29 million auto accident verdict.