Every student has their own dream and a paragon to achieve and become something. Many of the students wish to pursue higher education in India as well as abroad. Students want to choose their field of interest without putting any strain on their parents. Some parents are poor and don’t have much savings to invest into their children’s education. They do lack money for their child’s good future and good education. Some students therefore compromise their education and take-up some easy courses or do not further educate themselves due to their parents’ poor condition. But this should not be the future and restrictions to students. Every student has the right to educate themselves and achieve milestones in their life. Money and parents’ conditions should not be a barrier for students. To ensure this there are banks providing educational loans for students.
The cost of higher education has increased with time in India as well as abroad. It has become difficult for poor families and middle class families to afford higher education. That’s why most of the students worldwide have to rely upon educational loans. These loans for students will help you fund various expenses associated with students such as buying books and tuition fees. Students can get personal loans and finance their education. Once they complete their education and get a job they can earn and repay their loan.
Getting a loan is never an easy task. But getting a loan for students is a hassle free task. There is minimal documentation associated with loans and is very important. So one should opt for a renowned company with good ratings and reviews. Let’s see few factors to know before applying for a loan:
- You must decide an exact amount: Education can be expensive and the institution cost, tuition fee, study materials, traveling cost,etc. You must calculate every cost while applying for a loan. Loan for students provides you with all student expenses so you must carefully plan and list out your expenses before applying for a loan.
- Check interest: you must check interest and choose a proper bank or company providing minimum interest and maximum benefits. It is necessary to check the interest rate and try to decide the tenure accordingly so that you can minimise the interest and enjoy it with low interest.
- Choose repayment tenure wisely: your repayment tenure is important as you will have to start repaying your loan with interest. If you delay your tenure you will have to face high interest on your borrowing.
Once you’re done with the above process you have to complete some documents and then pursue a loan. They will transfer your loan amount to your bank. Then you can enjoy tax benefits on interest payment and repay the loan by EMI over your chosen tenure.
Education loan provides you a way to fulfill your requirements and dreams. Not only education facilities but it also helps one with various benefits. Let’s have a look at it.
- Educational loan provides low interest rates: while getting any loan interest rates plays an important role. Many of the loans consist of higher interest rates. But loans for students have the lowest interest rate in India as well as abroad. One can repay the borrowed amount as well as the interest after gaining employment.
- Easy availability: loans for students are easily accessible to a majority of the population due to the availability from multiple sources. Along with banks and the public and private sectors providing education loans there are many organisations that even offer students educational loans and required benefits with low interest.
- Repayment flexibility: In any loan one has to start repaying immediately but for an educational loan you need to start paying after a certain period of time or after some years. The repayment facilities are quite flexible and you can repay when you get employed. As this loan is based upon future earnings, many banks allow flexible repayment options which make it easier for students to pay back the loan by themselves after they start earning.
- Tax is deducted: the bank or the sector providing the loan provides you with certain interest. Those interest paid on the loan is completely tax deductible under section 80E of income tax act, 1961 this helps the student to save money during repayment period. This proves to be a great benefit in loan for students. This benefit is not provided for all loans.
- A student will be self dependent and self conscious and mature: a student repaying his own loan after a certain period takes responsibility on his own to repay his loan. Apart from this, he/she is responsible to save his parents’ finances. There are many benefits provided by educational loans and these benefits can be experienced by a student. This responsibility upon him/her will help him/her to become mature and self dependent and self conscious enough to face the problems and finances in life. One has to learn to deal with paperwork documentation, loan, work responsibilities and this loan can be a kind of responsibility which students will take upon themselves and repay the loan by themselves after getting employed. This will make them as well as their parents proud. There couldn’t be a better preparation to become mature than this.
These are some benefits by loan companies while providing loans for students. Loan is a bigger responsibility as we rely upon someone else’s money and it is our duty and responsibility to pay them back with interest. Getting into money matters is not an easy task. If a student engages himself in handling such tasks, no doubt he will become mature and stand on his own feet even before starting his employment. This is an excellent quality which students will develop. Parents can be carefree regarding the expenses of their child. Parents must help students to acquire the skills and knowledge and build themselves towards a good path in life. Students becoming independent is the first step towards creating a confidential and good career.