If you’ve never heard of call tracking software. You might assume that it’s just used by contact centres to keep agents on-script Who are acting up. Call tracking may be used by your contact centre to track call quality, but it differs from the technology. That marketers use to assign call credit and collect data for campaign optimisation. You won’t find anything tasty there, Dad, because I’m very sure teenagers don’t use phones to call their friends. Perhaps look at Snapchat or something.
Now that we’ve established a common understanding, let’s explore call tracking software and how it benefits marketers.
Call tracking software: What is it?
contact monitoring software enables marketers to collect data from consumer phone calls. That may be used to demonstrate precisely what marketing strategy or campaign led to the contact and what the call’s outcome was.
Once you’re on the phone, conversational analytics can be used to examine the words exchanged to determine whether you made a purchase, requested a price, scheduled an appointment, or otherwise completed a “conversion.” After that, you may use the information to assign blame for marketing initiatives, improve advertisements, websites, and social media.
What Is the Process of Call Tracking Software?
When someone dials a phone number provided by Invoca, the call is forwarded via the Invoca platform to a call centre, a local agent, or any other location. By combining the digital data, Invoca is able to link the caller’s prior action to the current call.
Why Do I Need to Track My Calls?
According to Forrester, 84% of marketers think phone calls have greater conversion rates and higher average order values (AOV) than other types of engagement. Calls are frequently the most important conversions marketers drive. You’re only getting a partial view of your ROI if you’re not keeping track of the phone calls that your marketing generates.
You may determine which digital ads, keywords, and webpages are most successful at generating phone calls to your company by using call tracking. Additionally, you can observe how many of those phone conversations resulted in conversions and excellent prospects. With complete end-to-end attribution for your campaigns, you can increase revenue by making wiser optimisation choices.
How Does Call Tracking Help Marketers?
By combining online and offline data sources, marketers most typically utilise call monitoring to improve the efficacy of paid search and other digital marketing initiatives, customise the caller experience, and improve the entire customer journey. Reduced cost-per-click (CPC) on paid search, decreased cost-per-acquisition (CPA), and increased return on ad spend (ROAS) are the main advantages that many call tracking users observe.
The advantages of inbound call monitoring
- Analyse the complete return on investment (ROI) of your marketing efforts.
- Receive credit for all phone call conversions that your marketing generates.
- Boost media spending to generate higher-quality leads.
- Spend less on unnecessary advertising
- Adding conversation data to caller profiles
- Depending on the details of their phone calls, retarget callers
- To make your marketing messaging stronger, incorporate common terms from discussions.
- By monitoring and enhancing sales representative performance, you may increase call conversion rates.
- Integrate conversation intelligence data with the technology you already use.
Which Sectors Can Benefit from Call Tracking Solutions?
A call tracking solution should be used by every industry that relies on inbound calls to bring in clients. They can then optimise in accordance with their understanding of the marketing initiatives that are producing the greatest value. Automobiles, health care, home services, finances, franchising, insurance, travel, telecommunications, real estate, and more are examples.
How to Combine Call Tracking Data from Clicks and Calls
You must collect data for each distinct customer in order to acquire the closed-loop attribution you need to optimise your digital marketing. This data is contained in a caller profile, which allows marketers to keep a true treasure trove of pertinent information.
These facts come in a variety of formats:
- Call information that includes common measurements including the call’s duration, the time of day, the caller’s area code, and more
- Conversational data obtained via tools based on conversational analytics and other AI
You now have the foundation to determine which marketing programmes are driving the most calls and can start using this knowledge by combining these datasets into a comprehensive caller profile and correlating it to the phone call. See how it operates by watching this video.
How to Use Call Tracking to Improve Paid Search
Optimising paid search is one of call tracking’s main applications. We’ll take Google Ads as an example because every single marketer who is still alive and well has used or still uses it.
Invoca records crucial information about the online experience, such as marketing campaign and ad creative, and links that information to phone calls. You may report specific call events and conversions to Google Ads in real time by using Invoca, which records identifiers like the Google Click ID when a call is placed.
You can treat this call data just like you would normally treat digital data because phone conversions are recorded in Google Ads in a manner similar to how online conversions are reported.
- Check out which advertising, ad groups, and keywords are influencing each kind of call outcome.
- Measure call revenue to determine the return on advertising investment.
- Utilise conversions and automated bidding rules to maximise your keyword spending.
Many of our customers achieve significant results with little effort when Google’s Smart Bidding algorithm is fed information from Invoca’s call tracking service. For instance, eHealth optimised their paid marketing on events occurring on the phone using integrations with Google Ads and Adobe Experience Cloud, leading to a 20% drop in CPA and a 20% rise in conversion rates.
Call tracking software enhancing the caller experience
It appears that the call centre has to solve the issue of improving the call experience. However, conversion rates decrease and your marketing efforts become less successful when the caller (whom you paid to call with your marketing expenditures) has a bad experience. which means that it is also your concern.
Call centre representatives can engage with the customer to close the sale more successfully and efficiently if they have this knowledge. A consumer can be sent straight to an agent who is aware of the items they have in their basket and the reason they are calling, for instance, if they have an item in their shopping cart and call before checking out.
Calls are automatically directed to the appropriate department based on the customer’s interest. Before connecting with the caller, Invoca can additionally send call centre representatives a “whisper message”.
Features of call tracking that enhance customer satisfaction
- Improve the customization of marketing campaigns
- Using digital intent data, intelligently route callers to the right agent
- Create cloud IVRs in a matter of minutes without IT support.
- Identify the websites that are leading to digital abandonment.
- get comprehensive understandings of consumer demands and evolving expectations
- Utilise AI to evaluate sales representative performance automatically and enhance coaching
- Determine which missed calls represent lucrative sales chances, then order your follow-ups in accordance.
What Questions Should I Ask Call Tracking Providers When I’m Evaluating Them?
Numerous businesses provide simple, uncomplicated phone tracking options. To choose the vendor who will really bring the most value, you should go a little further. Here are some crucial inquiries to put to phone tracking companies:
- Does the call tracking system offer attribution at the keyword and website level?
- On a single website can the call tracking solution track calls from multiple phone numbers?
- How many phone numbers must be available for the call tracking system to provide you with the information you require?
- Does the call monitoring system work with all of the sales, marketing, and digital advertising platforms that your company employs?
- The call monitoring system’s ability to capture.
- How precise are the transcriptions, exactly?
- Is there machine learning and AI technology included in the call tracking solution that can extract insights from the transcriptions?
- Does the call monitoring system give you the option to analyse talks using aspects of the interaction ?
- Can the call monitoring system track the number of appointment calls, as well as the conversion rate for such calls?