Truck Accident Lawyer San Antonio
If an 18-wheeler struck you in San Antonio, you might be eligible to financial compensation. For a free consultation to go over your situation and see if you have a claim, contact our knowledgeable attorneys. We will strive to ensure that you receive the just recompense. Contact us right away to arrange your no-cost consultation.
San Antonio’s Serious 18-Wheeler Accident: Your Legal Options
Large commercial vehicles like semi-trucks and 18-wheelers are frequently involved in road accidents that leave the people within them seriously hurt. Speaking with a knowledgeable San Antonio 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer might increase your chances of getting a just compensation if you have hurt in a truck accident.
Even though truck accident claims might be complex, getting a reasonable insurance payment after a vehicle accident can be difficult as well. Significant financial losses follow severe injuries, yet insurance companies frequently refuse to agree to a fair settlement.
It might be difficult to comprehend the nuances of business liability insurance. Our lawyers work hard to make sure that our clients receive the highest compensation since we are familiar with how insurance and trucking companies operate.
In order to receive full and just compensation after a truck accident, it is crucial to speak with a San Antonio 18-wheeler accident lawyer as soon as possible.
After A Truck Accident In San Antonio, What To Do
Regardless of the state in where the accident occurred, the following are some actions you should take if you find yourself in a car or truck collision:
- If you are unlucky enough to get in a car accident, STOP. DO NOT DRIVE AWAY. Leaving the scene of an accident may be illegal and prevent you from saving evidence in case you decide to file a lawsuit.
- Try to remain composed, take notice of your surroundings, and write down the details of the collision (such as the time of day, the volume of traffic, the location, any admissions or omissions made by the other driver, etc.).
- go out of the way of traffic – If you are still able to drive and have just minor injuries, it is best to go to the side of the road so that traffic may continue to flow. Stay inside the car with your seat belts fastened until help arrives if it is immobile. Don’t forget to turn on your hazard lights as well.
- Call for medical help if you’ve been hurt seriously; you might need an ambulance and emergency care.
- Call the police from the scene of the accident to contact them. Call 911 and inform a police officer about the collision.
- Don’t share the circumstances of the accident with anyone; only discuss the accident’s specifics with the police. Be helpful, but avoid discussing the driver’s fault no matter what they may say.
- Take pictures of the damage done to the vehicles involved in the accident, the road conditions, the traffic signals, the intersection or cross streets, and anything else you believe is important if you are not critically hurt and can do so without causing further harm. Keep these pictures in a secure location.
Despite our greatest attempts to prevent them, mishaps do occasionally happen. Do not freak out if you are in an accident. Following these rules and legal standards will protect any potential legal claims in the future.
San Antonio’s truck accident causes
It is simple to comprehend how commercial trucks may be quite dangerous on the road when you consider their massive size. Serious injuries from truck accidents can include traumatic brain injuries (TBI), shattered bones, amputations, and spinal cord damage.
- driver drowsiness
- driving while distracted
- Driving while intoxicated (DUI)
- poorly maintained trucks
- Product responsibility
- Roadside hypnosis
Commercial trucks can weigh close to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded. In contrast, the average passenger car weighs about 3,000 pounds. The fact that vehicle accidents result in unjust deaths is therefore not surprising.
If you have been hurt in a truck crash, whether it included a semi-truck or another kind of truck, you should contact a San Antonio auto accident lawyer.
Which injuries are most commonly caused by truck accidents in San Antonio
The following are a few of the most frequent injuries brought on by truck collisions:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) or head traumas
- spinal cord damage
- neck and back pain
- fractures or broken bones
- Unjustified death
- soft-tissue damage
You can pursue legal action against the at-fault party and make sure your rights are upheld if you were hurt in a truck accident. Contact skilled San Antonio truck accident attorneys to learn more about your potential legal options.
Liability for 18-Wheeler Accidents
Fatigue, lengthy driving hours, excessive speeding, driver impairment, and unfavourable weather conditions are frequently to blame for 18-wheeler accidents.
Furthermore, a number of international trade agreements have increased the number of shoddy 18-wheelers from Mexico and Central America on American highways.
Since we are knowledgeable with federal and state standards, we can identify safety violations and determine fault in accidents at Khattar Law, PC. We are adept at precisely determining the extent of damage from accidents involving 18-wheelers and other incidents.
We are capable of assessing all losses and making a strong case for the compensation you are due. You can obtain the recompense you require with the aid of our legal and negotiation expertise.
Multiple insurance plans, various insurers, and multiple liable parties may be involved in 18-wheeler incidents. If another driver was at fault for the collision, you must ascertain if that person was an employee, an organisation, or an independent contractor. Determining whether the driver was conducting company business at the time of the accident is also crucial.
All parties’ insurance must be contacted in order to obtain payment for any necessary medical care as well as damages to your automobile and other belongings. The San Antonio 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer has the necessary training and expertise to assist you in getting compensated fairly for your injuries.
What Sorts Of Collisions Occur Frequently With Trucks?
A truck crash may happen if the driver of the truck loses control of the vehicle or operates the vehicle recklessly. Following are some common truck collisions:
- Rollover mishaps.
- Jackknife mishaps.
- “Squeeze Play” or wide turn accidents.
- Underride Mishaps.
- T-Bone Mishaps.
- Accidents in blind spots.
- Tyre blowouts on trucks.
- Truck collisions in the rear.
To avoid risky truck collisions, truck drivers must exercise sufficient caution to follow all safety laws, maintain posted speed limits, and apply brakes when necessary.
Who is accountable for accidents involving commercial trucks?
Understanding who is responsible for the losses in commercial truck accidents involving semi-trucks, large rigs, and others is complicated. Let’s say the truck driver is acting in accordance with their duties and the trucking firm or employer is held responsible for the damages. Among those who might be held accountable for incidents involving commercial trucks are:
- driving a truck
- trucking business
- Manufacturing Business
Despite the liability requirement, some trucking companies might dispute their liability in the event of a truck accident. You can submit an accident claim with the aid of a commercial truck accident lawyer. The trucking firm is typically the defendant, and the insurance provider will reimburse you for the settlement sum.
There is no difference between an employee and an independent contractor, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Truck drivers will be treated as trucking business workers in accordance with this guideline.
Statistics for Texas truck accidents
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), 460 trucks, 786 semi-engines, and 11 fire trucks were involved in significant truck accidents that resulted in injuries in 2018.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that various driver-related variables contributed to large truck accidents in 2017.
Trucks are a crucial component of the American infrastructure since they transport and deliver commodities to all parts of the nation. In America alone, the value of this overland freight network, which trucks comprise, is close to $800 billion!
Driving Rules For Truck Drivers
There are a few guidelines that all truck drivers must obey.
- A commercial driver’s licence must have given to every truck driver.
- The FMCSA “Hours of Service” regulations 49 CFR 395, which specify the maximum number of hours a person may operate a commercial motor vehicle, followed by all truck drivers.
- All manufacturing, safety, and environmental regulatory standards met by trucks.
- Regular inspections are need of all commercial vehicles. You might be able to bring a lawsuit against the truck’s manufacturer, repairer, or supplier if a manufacturing flaw in the truck contributed to the collision.
How an 18-wheeler accident lawyer might assist you in obtaining the compensation you are due
The skilled injury attorneys at Khattar Law, PC are available to assist you if you or a loved one has been hurt in a truck or 18-wheeler accident. You may be able to recover damages, like as medical costs, lost earnings, and pain and suffering, with the aid of our San Antonio 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers.
We have experience litigating disputes involving trucking companies, independent contractors, freight handlers, and intercity bus lines.
We Focus On Accidents Involving:
- Local service and repair vehicles
- Airport limousines and shuttle vans
- construction equipment
- buses or motor coaches for local or long haul travel
- other vehicles driven by professionals
- After an unfortunate truck accident, we can tell you about your legal alternatives.
Contact Khattar Law, PC for a San Antonio truck accident attorney
Call the San Antonio truck accident attorney at 210-923-1234 for a free consultation if you were hurt in an accident involving a heavy equipment carrier, an 18-wheeler, or any other commercial vehicle. In situations involving truck accidents, Jason Khattar has more than 20 years of experience.